Since many banks in Hong Kong have launched digital services, customers have to pay additional fees for the service involving paperwork. Besides, most banks have set minimum deposit requirements for saving accounts. For instance, customers of Citibank and Standard Chartered will be charged for handling fees if their daily average total balance is lower than HK$10,000.
Articles in this section
- Which types of bank accounts are provided in Hong Kong?
- What are the fees & charges for bank accounts?
- If I am a Hong Kong resident, what documents do I need to apply for a bank account?
- If I am a non-Hong Kong resident, what documents do I need to apply for a bank account?
- What is Payroll Account?
- How to select the best payroll account?
- How to Set Up Auto-payroll Services?
- Are the payroll offers only available to new customers?
- How much deposit can be protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) ?