All residents of Hong Kong (not necessarily permanent residents) of over 18 years of age are eligible and qualified to apply for a mortgage. Applicants who are not permanent residents, however, are generally required to prove that they have a stable income in Hong Kong. They are often required to provide present identification documents, income proof, and tax documents as part of the application.
Articles in this section
- How long is the repayment tenor?
- Should I choose the flexible rate or the fixed rate mortgage plan?
- How to borrow Mortgage up to 90% LTV?
- What are the different types of mortgages in Hong Kong?
- What is the maximum loan amount that I can borrow?
- How is the Stress Test assessed?
- Should I choose the HIBOR plan or the prime plan?
- How to apply for a mortgage?
- Is MoneyHero.com.hk a mortgage referral company?
- How long will I be paying for my mortgage?