As rental cars are not classified as a way of public transportation, a rental car accident is not covered under the personal accident benefits. Rental charges usually include basic protection with third-party liability; if you want more protection, you could choose a comprehensive coverage plan. Now that many travel insurance plans offer a Rental Vehicle Protection which normally compensates for the motor insurance policy excess incurred by you only, excluding other expenses due to the accident. Applicants should read the policy's terms carefully.
Articles in this section
- How do I revise the information entered after my purchase of travel insurance via MoneyHero?
- I haven't received any policy details for the travel insurance purchased via MoneyHero
- What are the differences between annual and single travel insurance plan?
- What are the benefits of buying travel insurance online?
- What are not covered in a travel insurance?
- Compare & Buy Travel Insurance in HK
- Travel Insurance Major Exclusions
- What does the OTA System have to do with my travel insurance?
- Travel Insurance and Outbound Travel Alerts (OTA)
- Types of Travel Insurance Coverage