The government of Hong Kong launched the Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) System to help Hong Kong people understand the risk to personal safety in traveling overseas, and there are three colors, namely Amber, Red and Black to indicate the alert level. Many travel insurance plans cover countries with OTA and they usually cover trip cancellation and trip curtailment, but applicants should keep in mind that the actual compensation depends on the policy's maximum limit, while some insurance plans only cover countries with a Black Alert. In addition, not all insurance plans cover terrorist attacks, you should check the exclusions even if they have a terrorism cover.
Articles in this section
- How do I revise the information entered after my purchase of travel insurance via MoneyHero.com.hk?
- I haven't received any policy details for the travel insurance purchased via MoneyHero.com.hk
- Compare & Buy Travel Insurance in HK
- Travel Insurance Major Exclusions
- What does the OTA System have to do with my travel insurance?
- Travel Insurance and Outbound Travel Alerts (OTA)
- Types of Travel Insurance Coverage
- What is Travel Insurance?
- Taking out travel insurance that adequately covers you for the risks you face when travelling can be the most important thing you do prior to your trip.
- Benefits of Comparing Travel Insurance Plans