Most travel insurance coverage types are divided into 2 components - (a) Departure delay and (b) Arrival delay.
- Figure out if your situation is covered within the limits of your purchased-insurance policy jacket
- Ensure that the number of delayed-hours reaches the minimum number of hours allowed
- Should your policy jacket covers any additional compensation incurred (arising due to the delay), such as hotel charges and/or changes to your itinerary, receipts for these additional expenses are required.
Prepare the following relevant documents when submitting for a claim:
- Original tickets (i.e. actual boarding passes)
- Flight or baggage delay confirmation report issued by the respective airline
- Receipts for additional expenses, such as official bills issued by hotels / airlines / public transport (if any)